My Photo
Name:
Location: Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland

I'm from Montreal, Canada originally, but moved to Switzerland in 1991.

Monday, November 13, 2006

HOW TO ANNOY A CHILD

Dylan learned a lesson in "Do unto others" this weekend. I think he'll think twice about being a pig in future.

He and I (and his special stuffed animal called Snuggle Bunny) were having a cuddle on my bed. Things with Dylan always start off innocently enough, before he starts acting silly. He hasn't learned that there's a fine line between things being funny and things being gross. At some point, Dylan climbed on top of me and farted. I admit it, I laughed. Of course, he was just about peeing himself laughing. And me laughing just egged him on. I grabbed Snuggle Bunny and said in a teasing voice, "If you do that again, I'm going to fart on Snuggle Bunny!" Of course he knew I was kidding (or was I?) and giggled and tried to grab his bunny. I stuffed Snugs under my pillow. Then Dylan started to burp at me and tried to blow the burp in my face. Now this is something that he picked up from somewhere and it's gotten out of hand. I think it's revolting. I don't mind a good burp, but please keep it's "perfume" to yourself. So I kept shoving my head under the pillow, Dylan kept trying to grab Snuggle Bunny to no avail. Then he got downright dirty. He said threateningly, "Just you wait, Mommy!" and grabbed Andy's pyjama pants (boxer shorts really) and tried to shove them in my face (the kids and I have an on-going game that Daddy's pyjama bottoms are toxic and throw them at each other sometimes when we're being silly). I was rolling around the bed, shrieking "No, no, not Daddy's jammies!" and pretending to gag. Dylan loved it....until I got ahold of the shorts and wrapped Snuggle Bunny in them. Then he went a tad balistic. He was sooooo upset! Needless to say, that was the end of our wrestling match. Dylan stormed downstairs to tell Daddy how mean Mommy is.

I still giggle when I think about it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's revolting and hysterical all at the same time.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home