My Photo
Name:
Location: Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland

I'm from Montreal, Canada originally, but moved to Switzerland in 1991.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

8 MONTHS TO GO...


...until I'm lying by a pool, swimming in the Mediterranean and sipping PiƱa Coladas, listening to the breeze rustle the palm trees....

Yep, we booked our summer vacation already. We booked super early to get the best deal. And a great deal we got! We're off to Mallorca, one of the Baleraric Islands off the coast of Spain. We went to a neighbouring island, Menorca, last fall. Our hotel is right on a small bay, with a great beach and snorkelling opportunites. There's a gorgeous-looking pool and lots of free sports. I'm looking forward to the aquacise classes, which I will have to do that I don't come home 20 lbs heavier. We booked "all inclusive" for the first time, which means 3 meals a day (buffet style), plus all the alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks AND snacks you can eat all day (hence the aquacise classes). Some friends of our's were there this past summer and said the food was fantastic. The service was great, the entertainment (sports, stuff like afternoon bingo by the pool and nightly shows) were amazing and the kids even have Kids Clubs to go to. So I may even get a few hours of poolside snoozing in! We'll be there for 2 weeks, starting July 22nd. Check it out here.

We'll be going with our good friends, Kurt and Gaby and their girls, Carmen and Jasmin. Recalling holidays with them in the past, we'll be laughing for 2 weeks straight. I can't wait!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Allow me to mention how jealous I am now and will be for the next 8 months.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Those who serve the little dictatrice. said...

Hey!! Welcome to Blogger!!! Like the new site ... and love the vacation plans!

4:54 AM  
Blogger Yvette said...

I am soooooooo excited! I'm already reckoning stuff like "If I lost 1 pound a week till we leave..." Will keep you posted on that front!

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home