My Photo
Name:
Location: Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland

I'm from Montreal, Canada originally, but moved to Switzerland in 1991.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

FAMILY NIGHT IN FRONT OF THE TUBE


Tonight we're going to watch "en famille"one of the few sporting events I will watch: Brasil playing football. Or should I say soccer for those non-European readers? Now, I don't actually like soccer as a rule (sorry Lisa, I know we were on a team together many moons ago), but there is just something about the Brasilian team that I like. Could it be because they're the best team in the world? Man, they rock! Watching them play soccer is like watching Team Canada play hockey - no one else comes close. They have a certain "je ne sais quoi" that is just electrifying. And as they're playing Switzerland...well, I just HAVE to watch. Dylan is wearing his Brasil socks and is all set.

Check out Ronaldinho, possibly the best player in the universe. Not the most attractive of men (I don't think orthodontic work is big in Brasil), but one awesome player.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dylan has Brasil socks?! How cute is that ... it will totally be a good luck charm!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

Dylan also has a Brasil T-shirt. It's his dream to own a Brasil baseball cap. It doesn't take much to make him happy.

I have to apologise for the link to Ronaldinho not working - I'm still not good at posting and copying.

And yeah, Brasil won 2 - 1.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Those who serve the little dictatrice. said...

I am with you aaaaaall the way! Although, I also enjoy watching Argentina, France, England (mostly just to laugh at them) and some of the African teams.
Yell a few loud cheers for me!

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home