My Photo
Name:
Location: Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland

I'm from Montreal, Canada originally, but moved to Switzerland in 1991.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A CHRISTMAS POEM BY WHY

A few days before Christmas and all through the house,
Yvette was a-cleaning with help from her spouse.
She dusted and vacuumed, her house sure looked fine,
She tidied and straightened, her windows did shine.
New curtains were up, new towels were hung
In the bathroom, all clean, her praises be sung!
The ironing is finished, the cookies are baked,
The guineas are clean, the yard is all raked.
For today is a special day, it's finally here,
My mummy is coming to spend the New Year!
And Christmas of course, we can't forget that,
In fact, at this moment, in a plane she is sat.
I can't wait to see her, I've missed her alot,
To live far apart is not easy, it's not.
I can barely sit still while I'm waiting to go
To the airport to get her, time moves too damn slow!
At five after one, her airplane is due
I hope all goes well, I'm sure she does too!


And that's the extent of my poetry skills at 7:30 in the morning. But I just had to share that my mother is coming to visit and spend the holidays with us. This will be the first Christmas she's spent away from home, the first Christmas my Dad is not with us, and the first time we've been together at Christmas since 1996. I'm really looking forward to having her here. She's had a rough year since my Dad died and I haven't been able to help, so I'm looking forward to taking care of her and spoiling her.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's awesome. I hope you read the poem to her. Give Mrs. B a big hug and kiss from me.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

Great poem! I hope you have a great visit with your Mom and that being together this Christmas helps all of you.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Those who serve the little dictatrice. said...

Not bad a bad poem at all!

Have a great visit with your mom. So nice that you can be together this year.

2:57 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Have a wonderful visit. I know how hard it is to be so far away when your loved ones need you. Enjoy this precious time together.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home