My Photo
Name:
Location: Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland

I'm from Montreal, Canada originally, but moved to Switzerland in 1991.

Monday, January 22, 2007

RADIO GRIPES

I'd like to complain about my local radio station "Radio 24". They're one of those popular Top 40 stations that play current songs numerous times a day. I'm getting PRETTY darn sick of Nelly Furtado crooning "All Good Things" at me every couple of hours. Having said that, my major complaint is that they choose a popular song from the 80s at regular intervals and play it on a daily basis. What is THAT about? Was there only one song recorded in the 80s? I can think of, let's say, 50 off the top of my head that they could play. Do they get royalties for playing it or something? Sheesh! The current "Song of the Moment" is one that I've always loathed: "It's Raining Men" by the Weather Girls. What's with that? It's not raining. I can see it being played OCCASIONALLY if it's pouring outside. Likewise playing "Manic Monday" by the Bangles on....you guessed it....a Monday. But EVERY DAY? Come on! There were so many amazing songs in the 80s. Play a selection!

Current fave song (just for the hell of it): "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol. Now that's one song I don't mind hearing numerous times a day. But that's just me.

* Update: shortly after posting this, I was treated to "Manic Monday" because it is, afterall, Monday. But it's still not raining...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Find out if they have a place on their website to leave comments - and then really give it to them!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

I did see one area that says "Contact." I guess I should contact them!

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home