My Photo
Name:
Location: Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland

I'm from Montreal, Canada originally, but moved to Switzerland in 1991.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Michelle

My thoughts today are with a little girl up the street, called Michelle. She's in grade 2 and is just the sweetest little thing. One of those kids that everyone likes, she's always friendly and is cute as a button to boot. On Wednesday morning, she was playing on the monkey bars at school and fell off. She suffered a skull fracture, an eye socket fracture, a severe concussion, knocked a tooth out and sprained her wrist. I went and saw her today. She was able to come home from the hospital this morning because despite the injuries, she's doing quite well. She just has to have bed rest and of course her parents need to watch for any changes in her condition. She actually didn't look too bad. Other than a huge purple black eye, you wouldn't really know she was injured. No big head bandage or anything. Ugh. Just the thought of her skull being broken...

On a happier note, it was another good Friday. A big bar of chocolate was delivered with the flyers. A thank you from Cailler, a famous brand of chocolate. Apparently for my continued support. I have to admit, I never buy their stuff, but who's to look a gift horse in the mouth? Especially one that gives me chocolate!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sue Matthews said...

That's so sad! How is she doing now?

On a lighter note, why does no one deliver free bars of chocolate with my flyers?!?!?

5:42 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

Hey Sue, I bet you get free maxi pads from time to time....

Michelle is, as far as I know, doing OK. There isn't much they can do expect wait until the break (barf!) heals itself.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Those who serve the little dictatrice. said...

Oh, poor little thing! :( Must have been really scary for the parents ... and painful for her.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home