My Photo
Name:
Location: Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland

I'm from Montreal, Canada originally, but moved to Switzerland in 1991.

Friday, March 23, 2007

CHESTNUTS ROASTING BY AN OPEN FIRE...

Some of you will be thrilled to know that Old Man Winter decided to pay us a visit after all. Since last night, we've had 20 cm of snow dumped on us. As a result, two big branches of our lovely already-in-blossom magnolia tree came down under the weight of the snow, which is real heavy stuff and really gross. Hard to believe we were outside in T-shirts last week. However, it's supposed to rain tomorrow and by Sunday it's supposed to be 12°. Freaky weather by all accounts.

Quick addition to the Kolina Chronicles: she came home from school yesterday and told us her bag with her gym clothes in it had been stolen. I was so pissed off! There go a pair of sweat pants (her favourites of course), a T-shirt and a pair of running shoes. Like I'm made of money? I tell you, I was THIS close to taking a sawed-off shot gun to the school and commiting a Columbine-type shooting.

Sometimes I feel like taking Andy and the kids and going to a deserted island where I can eat coconuts, weave fishing nets out of palm fronds and make seashell necklaces for the rest of my life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Those who serve the little dictatrice. said...

Well, that's too bad about the gym bag. Hope it turns up.

As for the snow ... all I can say is HAHAHA!! :)

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home