My Photo
Name:
Location: Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland

I'm from Montreal, Canada originally, but moved to Switzerland in 1991.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

TEST OF MY WILLPOWER

Ever since the beginning of the new year, I've been on a healthy eating kick. Not a diet, because I'm not weighing stuff or counting calories. But just trying to change my eating habits. Lots of fruit and vegetables, lots of water, one helping at mealtimes, as low fat as possible but without going overboard, going for lots of walks and allowing myself my beloved potato chips once a week. Today I am being faced with my first real challenge.

Kolina does gymnastics. In order for her club to raise money to buy new track suits, our club is hosting a gymnastic show/exhibition/dinner today in Zurich. All the moms and dads are helping out, whether it's setting up, serving the dinner, working the fast food stands, etc. Guess where I'll be working? They've got me down for working the deep fat fryer for the FRENCH FRIES! How ironic is that? There is no way in hell I'll be able to resist at some point. It will be interesting to see how many I do end up consuming.

In an attempt to "arm" myself, I'm making a proper lunch before we go. No going on an empty stomach, that's for sure! So I'm making steak, pasta and broccoli for lunch. And for breakfast I just had a grapefruit. Hopefully I'll get sick of the smell of oil soon and not even want to eat fries.

This should prove to be interesting!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You're on the right track! Good luck! And I think you're right about the smell of the oil turning you off any over-indulging.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

Oh my goodness, I was soooo good! I only had one small plate of the fries, a couple of spoonfuls of pasta with meat sauce (to see if it was hot enough to serve to guests), a coffee, a diet Coke and a mineral water, and an orange that I found in the kitchen. That's it. I surprised myself! Even when I was roped into working at the cake buffet, not a crumb passed my lips. Needless to say I was starving by the time we got home at 1 AM...

4:48 PM  
Blogger Those who serve the little dictatrice. said...

Points for good willpower! Hope it lasted when you got home.

Next time you will have to volunteer for something like washing the gym clothes ... so you won't have to worry about temptation! ;)

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home