My Photo
Name:
Location: Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland

I'm from Montreal, Canada originally, but moved to Switzerland in 1991.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

RADIO GRIPES 2

And yet again, Radio 24 is the source of my muted grumbling and rolling of the eyes. I think I need to switch stations. Then again, if they're giving me ideas to blog about, maybe not!

After a VERY mild, record-breaking January (it was 14° last weekend), winter has finally decided to come to Switzerland. We're supposed to be getting heavy snowfall tonight and tomorrow, plus temps going down to below 0°. For those of you living in Quebec and Ontario, -2° is practically balmy. I'm a Montreal; I know how freaking cold it gets. By some weird freak of nature (or something), Switzerland doesn't, contrary to popular belief, get that cold. Sure, up in the Alps it can hit -20° at night during a cold spell, but here in Zurich we're "lucky" if it goes below freezing. So when it does, it's quite noticeable.

Anyway, snow and cold temps are forecast. You'd think it was the Second Coming the way the DJs are going on (and on and on) about it. Blaring headlines at newstime about how "WINTER IS HERE!" Well uh...it's January. It's actually been winter for a good few weeks. It's supposed to be cold. It's supposed to snow. Sheesh!

Oh yeah. And I think Radio 24 has a new Song of the Moment. They played "Manic Monday" again today. And it's not even Monday. I haven't heard the Weather Girls since the weekend though.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home