My Photo
Name:
Location: Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland

I'm from Montreal, Canada originally, but moved to Switzerland in 1991.

Friday, February 16, 2007

EVEN FURTHER OUT IN THE COUNTRY

We're off for the weekend! We're going to spend a couple of days at the farm in the Emmental Valley that we've been to several times. I don't know how much we'll be able to do in the way of work, because there are no fields to contend with in the winter. But there are the animals and riding and there's always work to do in the barn, whether it's feeding the cows and pigs, milking the goats (there are a couple of two-week-old baby goats for me to fawn over and bottle feed), mucking out the horses, gathering the eggs, playing with the guinea pigs, playing up in the hay loft, taking the milk to the dairy place by horse and cart...I'm sure we'll find something to do! And it will be so nice to get away from every day life for awhile. It's such a different way of life on a farm and we all enjoy it.

We're all really looking forward to it. I should have some pictures up on Flickr by Monday!

Have a great weekend everybody!

3 Comments:

Blogger Those who serve the little dictatrice. said...

Sounds great! Have a fabulous weekend and muck out a few horses for me! ;)

8:52 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Have a great time. Feel free not to muck out anything for me though, I'm a city girl at heart. You can enjoy the view for me though ;-).

6:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope it was a great weekend! You can hold your nose for me if you see the pigs!

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home