My Photo
Name:
Location: Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland

I'm from Montreal, Canada originally, but moved to Switzerland in 1991.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The nerve of some people!

Good heavens, I just realised how long it's been since I last wrote on here. Oops. I wonder if there's anyone left to read this?

It's Dylan's birthday tomorrow. Last night we went trekking off to Toys R Us to buy his birthday present. While we were on our way to the cash to pay, we noticed a woman and her two kids milling around the boxes of candy. The toddler was having a fit about something, so what did Mom do? Andy watched her open a box of gummy bears, take one out, give the brat one and put the opened box of candy back on the shelf. I kid you not! Andy went straight off to find the manager and reported it. We were so in shock! I mean, the nerve! And doing it in front of your kids? GREAT EXAMPLE, LADY!!! Don't be surprised if you get a phone call one day saying your child has been caught shop lifting. Andy was almost hoping the woman would put up a fuss so he could whip his police ID out!

Talk about an interesting trip to the store!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Are you serious?!?! That really is shocking! I can understand opening the box of candy and eating some while standing in line to pay for it but not putting it back on the shelf! That's insane!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

I know! I felt like giving her a lecture. Stupid woman. When I saw the kid sucking away, I purposely walked by her cart to see if she had maybe planned to buy the same candy and was, like you said, eating from that. But no, there was definitely no candy in her shopping cart.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

That's brutal! People are morons!

Oddly enough, we were also at Toys R Us yesterday shopping for Darcy's birthday tomorrow. No candy theft for us though.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home